instantreality forum
news: Welcome to the instantreality forums!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 17, 2018, 02:32:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: InstantPlugin  (Read 16601 times)
drevensek

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 05:09:02 pm »

Strange. This (could) be fixed by reboot of the system (if i belive to the msi installer help).
If not, may you please send me the log of the installer "msiexec /I InstantReality-Windows-vs2008-x86-2.0.0.xxxxx.msi /log install.log"?
avg

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2010, 12:36:20 pm »

Hi,
the installation log is attached(compressed due to restrictions on your server).
In order to create it I did an uninstall first and during it noticed, that regsvr32 hangs again! Long waiting does not help (I started install in the evening and in the morning it was still waiting), so I always had to interrupt it.

Hope this helps...
drevensek

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2010, 02:00:58 pm »

Thank you for the log.
It might be a problem, that the uninstall of the activeX plugin fails due to some reasons. So i changed the mode on register/unregister to a async way at the installer. So hopefully this will work (2.0.0.20386) and the installer will not hangup.
As another workaround, you could manually unregister the library (regsvr32 /u InstantPluginATX.ocx) and/or rename the .ocx file before calling the uninstall.
drevensek

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2010, 02:56:53 pm »

Yes, there is a bigger Problem.
So currently we have disabled the automatic registration of the Plugin in the installer. Also, this might be a problem with the IE7. We currently only have tested it on IE8.

For your issue on a never ending install/uninstall process:
- When the regsvr32 console pops up, just kill the regsvr32 process or close the console popup.
avg

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2010, 05:44:25 pm »

Hi,

for localizing the problem I have downloaded and installed IE 8, as well as the new version of InstantReality. The result: a message comes to say that the ocx is successfully registered, but the dos-window running the regsvr32 still hangs. I tried both full install and installing only the instantPlugin - same result.
Then I have started the registration process within the DependencyWalker. The results are attached and I think you will find some clue there.

Kind regards,

navg
P.S. wanted to send you the DepWalker-Image-file, but even zipped it is more than 600kB, so only the text output is attached.
drevensek

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2010, 08:22:10 am »

Sorry. I extendet the size for uploads to the forum.
Thank you for the trace and your support.
We will try to figure out the problem and hopefully find a fix soon.
eduardofalcao

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2010, 09:39:04 pm »

I followed all the instructions above, but when i open Firefox nothing happens...
Do you have any ideas of what might be happening?

"The Plugin works for testing purposes and mockups quite well. It's not intended to be used in production environments or projects. Unfortunately it crashes when you leave the web page or unload it.

Here is a description how to set the paths:

Install the latest InstantPlayer daily build and locate the file npirplay.dll in
C:\Program Files\Instant Player\bin

Copy npirplay.dll into
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins

Add this variable set to "User variables"
Control Panel / System Properties / Advanced / Environment Variables
PM_PLUGIN_PATH C:\Program Files\Instant Player\lib

Add the following to the existing Path variable:
C:\Program Files\Instant Player\bin;C:\Program Files\Instant Player\lib

Here is how to include it in your HTML page:
<embed id='x3d' type='model/vrml' src='yourfile.x3d' width='500px' height='500px'>

You have to update npirplay.dll after you installed a new InstantPlayer daily build."
eduardofalcao

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2010, 07:41:41 pm »

Ok, it worked for me after rebooting the PC. Wink
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: