instantreality forum
news: Welcome to the instantreality forums!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2018, 01:15:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to use uEye UI223x-C? How to adjust white balance?  (Read 6373 times)
mep

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2009, 01:25:49 pm »

Hi,
today i tried to use uEye UI223x-C with InstantReality, but unfortunately i have some problems:

I folowed the steps of the camera setup tutorial ( http://www.instantreality.org/tutorial/camera-setup-with-instantvision/ ),
so I got as ActionVideosource url: ueye://mode=1024x768_RGB;unit=0;

when I go to the "Configure"-Tab in "Action Properties" of VideoSourceAction__ImageT__RGB_Frame Iīm able to modify values of "shutter", "gain", "framerate" and "pixelclock". But there is no way to adjust white balance or similar options. When i give shutter and gain very high values, I only get a very red coloured video output. (When I use the uEye Demosoftware, I can adjust many more things and the picture is perfect. Not so in InstantVision)

Further I donīt know where I can find the parameters of shutter, gain, etc. in the code then. Where are they? Smiley

any hints for me?

cheers,
philip
mep

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 03:18:00 pm »

Hi,

for everybody, who is interested in this topic:
With great support there has been made a dailybuild with new features for the ueye-cam. You can configure your cam with the ueye-Demo tool and save (if you have the latest version) the configuration into the register (inside the cam). Only thing you have to do is write it inside your configuration-line in your pm file, something like:

source_url="ueye://loadcamsettings=1;mode=1024x768_RGB;unit=0;"

Thank you for the great help Wink

svkahn
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 10:19:23 am »

Glad to be of help. Two more details about the use of the new "loadcamsettings" UEye attribute:

* The UEye can have several parameter sets. If you use the "loadcamsettings" attribute the settings will be loaded from the first parameter set.

* The settings you can make in InstantVision / InstantReality (for example gain and shutter) will overwrite the loaded settings within InstantVision (but not in the camera parameter set).
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 07:25:07 am by svkahn » Logged
pengjm18

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 04:35:04 am »

Hi guys,

may i confirmed with you, you have mentioned save configuration into the register (inside the webcam), by this, do you meant the "save parameter" in the Ueye demo tool menu? Or do we need to do a registrar.exe and then find the ueye device and then modified it?

Many thanks for your kind attention.

Regards,
jimmy.
svkahn
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 07:21:36 am »

You can use the Ueye demo. What you need to save with the UEye demo is called "Parameter set 1". (Menu: File -> Save Parameters -> Parameter set 1).
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 07:27:29 am by svkahn » Logged
pengjm18

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 12:31:26 pm »

Hi svkahn,

thanks for your reply. However, where is this file parameter set 1 suppose to be stored in?

i have tried to save it in the desktop but there is no different at all..
i have tried to save it in the instantreality folder..but there is also no obvious changes to the white balances..
i have also tried saving the parameter set 1 together with the ueyedemo folder, however, this doesn't work too..
hmm..

any idea what i have miss out?

Thanks,
jimmy.
svkahn
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 02:01:42 pm »

The parameter set 1 has to be stored on the camera itself, not on the computer. For example in the UEye Demo 3.32 you have three options:
* Save parameters -> to File
* Save parameters -> Parameter set 1
* Save parameters -> Parameter set 2

Here you should use the second option (not the first one)
pengjm18

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 02:10:41 pm »

Hi svkahn,

oh mine..i see. I had demo 2.4 so that's why i cant see these options.

Thanks a lot for your kind advice.

Warm Regards,
jimmy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: