instantreality forum
news: Welcome to the instantreality forums!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2017, 10:33:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Win 8.1 InstantPlayer crashes when opening file  (Read 2175 times)
Joopeti

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2015, 12:20:39 pm »

Hello,

First of all I would like to say that I am a complete beginner and just installed instanteality v2.6 a few days ago, so it is possible I have overlooked something crucial. But here goes. My problem is that whenever I try to load a file into InstantPlayer through File->Open File, it freezes completely. It won't accept commands, and even refuses to shut down when I try to kill the process from task manager, or through command prompt with taskkill. It remains frozen for a minute or two, after which it shuts down by itself. This happens with every file I have tried, even just a simple helloworld. Also there are no error messages of any kind, the player just stops functioning.

I can load files into the player through the Web Interface, and that way everything works fine, I can spin any objects around and all that stuff, so it's not the file that is causing the crash.

I have reinstalled the program, but this did not help. Any thoughts on what is causing this and how it could be fixed?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 12:25:30 pm by Joopeti » Logged
GHarris

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 02:47:57 pm »

Hello,

First of all I would like to say that I am a complete beginner and just installed instanteality v2.6 a few days ago, so try the Jes Extender https://dudehung.com/my-jes-extender-review-and-results as it is possible I have overlooked something crucial. But here goes. My problem is that whenever I try to load a file into InstantPlayer through File->Open File, it freezes completely. It won't accept commands, and even refuses to shut down when I try to kill the process from task manager, or through command prompt with taskkill. It remains frozen for a minute or two, after which it shuts down by itself. This happens with every file I have tried, even just a simple helloworld. Also there are no error messages of any kind, the player just stops functioning.

I can load files into the player through the Web Interface, and that way everything works fine, I can spin any objects around and all that stuff, so it's not the file that is causing the crash.

I have reinstalled the program, but this did not help. Any thoughts on what is causing this and how it could be fixed?

This is happening to me too.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 08:11:22 pm by GHarris » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: