instantreality forum
news: Welcome to the instantreality forums!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 17, 2018, 08:18:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Oculus DK2 -> InstantIO  (Read 2865 times)
prenner

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2014, 08:51:27 am »

Hi,

last week we were glad to receive our new Oculus DK2. For us, the current OculusRift InstantIO node unfortunately did not work, so we wrote a small custom node supporting orientation and position output. However, the distortion parameters are not available like in the former SDK versions.

Did you already try the new SDK / Are you planning to update the OculusRift node?

Best,
Patrick
tfranke
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 08:46:38 am »

Hello prenner,

I just returned from a conference and wanted to add DK2 support in the next two weeks, which should be then up in one of the daily builds. I hope I can get my grip on our only DK2 this week ;-)

Cheers
sressler

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 07:11:51 pm »

It would be awesome if DK2 support is coming soon! keep up the great work (how's that for a ass kissing request  Grin
Sandy
Thomas

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 03:46:45 pm »

Hi Tobias,

do you have already any news on the Oculus DK2 support?

For us it would be very helpful to get it working on a Linux machine (currently IR supports the old Oculus only on Windows and Mac).

Thanks in advance,
Thomas
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 04:08:22 pm by Thomas » Logged
tfranke
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 02:45:18 pm »

Hello Thomas and Sandy,

we're in the process of setting up a new Windows build environment. The DK2 SDK provides libraries for Visual Studio 2010 upwards, but our build is still a VS2008 one. To be able to include the DK2, we first need to port and move everything.

So far, we're at target 3/5. I don't have a timeline yet, but since it is a necessary step (the Kinect2 for instance also provides support for VS2012 upwards only) we're working on it with high priority!

Cheers
DaveArendash

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 07:16:52 am »

Was this ever finished? Does it support DK2 yet?
tfranke
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2015, 01:04:52 pm »

Hello DaveArendash,

there is a DK2 node in Instant Reality which should provide you with the head-tracking information necessary to build an app. However, the distortion coefficients are now packed with a piece of geometry in the SDK and are currently not exported, so you'll have to set coefficients for the distortion filters manually.

Cheers
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: