instantreality forum
news: Welcome to the instantreality forums!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 16, 2018, 10:28:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PlaneSensor with Z translation Error  (Read 2386 times)
fox108

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2011, 07:29:52 pm »

Hi,

I have been working with drag sensors, specifically the PlaneSensor, and I have come across an issue with the trackpoint feature of the PlaneSensor.  I am attempting to drag a box along the xy plane that is positioned -10 units along the z plane.
Because of this, I set my own offset to 0, 0, -10 for the sensor, but the dragging motion became very jumpy due to the lack of correction that I took away by setting my own offset, and the box did not translate exactly with the mouse, but a good bit less.  Therefore, I wrote a script to feign an autoOffset and routed it to the set_offset field of the PlaneSensor so that it would begin where the last drag had ended.  This works very well in all cases except for the first attempt at dragging, which behaves as it did before.  Also, when a second click is activated, the box jumps to correct its translation and then acts on the correct translation of the mouse. I've attached an sample of the problem.  Thanks in advance for any help.
molbrich
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 12:29:01 am »

which version and platform are you using? The PlaneSensor works well in our current dailybuild.

http://www.instantreality.org/downloads/dailybuild/

I attached the "reduced" testfile i used.
fox108

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 02:08:27 pm »

Apparently, I was using some other version than the updated one, and now it works well.  Thanks for the help!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: