instantreality forum
news: Welcome to the instantreality forums!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 17, 2018, 08:18:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Environment Maps and co.  (Read 2443 times)
Abaddon

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2011, 12:12:49 pm »

Hi everybody,

Since I spend quite some time to change the appearance of models by hand (coding) I asked myself, is there any nice easy way I havnīt found yet? I guess every serious model is an export from 3DSM or Maya, nobody codes complex models by hand right? But those program wont export real shaders or even a normal reflectionMap for that matter, right?
I just worked on a cool looking motor-boat (I didnt do the modeling myself)-pic attached-
But since I only get the textures from the export I would have to code every reflection myself? Hope you understand what I mean.

thx in advance
Maik

PS: In the same matter I have the problem, that I canīt get a reflection map to work on a geometrie with a movie-texture. I tried it with the great new commonSurfaceShader, but than he ignores the movieTexture. Any input on this one?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 12:26:33 pm by Abaddon » Logged
jbehr
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 11:24:13 pm »

Hi everybody,

Since I spend quite some time to change the appearance of models by hand (coding) I asked myself, is there any nice easy way I havnīt found yet? I guess every serious model is an export from 3DSM or Maya, nobody codes complex models by hand right? But those program wont export real shaders or even a normal reflectionMap for that matter, right?
I just worked on a cool looking motor-boat (I didnt do the modeling myself)-pic attached-
But since I only get the textures from the export I would have to code every reflection myself? Hope you understand what I mean.

thx in advance
Maik

PS: In the same matter I have the problem, that I canīt get a reflection map to work on a geometrie with a movie-texture. I tried it with the great new commonSurfaceShader, but than he ignores the movieTexture. Any input on this one?

Nice Model! Did you try to code code your commonSurfaceShader parameters by hand or with the 3ds-max exporter?

rest regards
johannes
Abaddon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 11:13:40 am »

Hi,
thx. Up to now, I coded every commonSurfaceShader by hand, but does the InstantExporter for 3DSM export shaders or at least reflection Maps that I configurated in 3DSM?! That would be awesome and I would try it at once. Is the exporter only for a specific version of 3DSM?

Maik

EDIT: Loaded the latest exporter and saw, that there are Plugins for nearly every version. thx, will try it later
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 12:08:42 pm by Abaddon » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: